I thought I would post some outfits from the past 30 days. I felt happy with some of them, not happy with others.
First, the happy.
1. I am usually never happy in flats. But here, since the pants are already leg shortening, it just seems to work. I get to have a long torso look in this dog-walking outfit (from LA, when it was warm).
2. I tried a graphic tee with jeans vest from an outfit I had put on one of my pin boards, happy with the overall effect.
3. Inspiration picture for #2 above.
4. Dinner at a friend of my boyfriend's house, didn't want to be too fashion-forward nor too dressed up. Good thing because the host wore sweatpants.
Second, the not-quite happy.
5. Wore to dinner with forum member MaryK in LA. Nothing wrong with it but it somehow feels too preppy for me. What do you think, in general, about stepping out on your authentic style persona? Is there a way to make it feel more "me"? Should I have removed the scarf? A different pair of trousers/jeans?
6. What's wrong here, I need an Rx. Is it the shoes, would a slightly lower vamp work? The outfit look frumpy with the pants unrolled (too short). Poor choice of shirt? Does it need a belt? It's nice to go belt-less.
7. The above outfit looks a bit better from the side which makes me think the shirt is the biggest problem.
Please comment freely!! I had a few other not-quite-rights this month but failed to take pictures.